Join the library
Joining the library is easy, free and you don't need to live in Gateshead.
All library buildings (Council and volunteer) are currently closed. You can join online and this will let you borrow up to 10 eBooks and 6 eAudiobooks at a time. There is heavy demand, so please borrow only what you will use and return items as soon as you're finished with them. From July 6th we are offering a Ring and Read service: this will allow customers to collect books from a library, or if they are shielding, have them delivered to their doorstep.
- BorrowBox can be downloaded free of charge from your app store
- Borrowbox has over 900 eAudiobooks and over 3600 eBooks for you to read. We are adding new titles every week.
- We have books for all ages and interests.
- You can borrow up to 10 eBooks and 6 eAudiobooks free of charge for 3 weeks.
- There are no fines as books are returned automatically at the end of your loan period.
- Once you've finished reading a book, you can return it before the end of the 3 weeks. We would encourage you to do this as there is currently a big demand for titles.
- You can renew your eBook or eAudiobook twice. You will be prompted to do this.
- You may be disappointed that the book you want to read is currently on loan. However, you can reserve the title and you will receive it on the date that the book is due to be returned. You may even receive the book earlier if it is returned before the due date.