Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)
View the latest COVID-19 information and advice, including details of the local restrictions.

Business and street trading licences

An image relating to Pavement licences
Find out about pavement licenses and how to apply.
An image relating to Street trading and markets
Street trading consent allows you to sell in the street, road or footway or any other area where the public has access.
An image relating to Door supervisor licence
It is an offence to work as a door supervisor without an SIA licence. Learn more about door supervisor licence requirements.
An image relating to Environmental permit
You must have an environmental permit if you operate a regulated facility in England or Wales that carries out listed activities such as burning energy, manufacturing metals or chemicals.
An image relating to House of multiple occupation
Information on houses in multiple occupation and how to apply for a licence.
An image relating to Scrap Metal Licensing
Guidance for dealers of scrap metal and how to apply for a licence to deal in scrap metal.
An image relating to Credit licence
Information on applying for a consumer credit licence.
An image relating to Poisons licence
The retailing of poisons is controlled by the Poisons Act 1972. Find out how to apply or reapply for a licence to sell non-medical poisons.
An image relating to Street collection permits
A charitable collection must not be held in any Street or public place without a street collection permit. The Council will usually only allow one collection per organisation in a year.
An image relating to Sex establishment licence
Sex Establishments are required to be licensed under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.
An image relating to Cooling tower notification
Premises with cooling towers must register with the council.

Share this page