- Making Spaces for Growing Places
- Local Plan
- Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
- Unitary Development Plan (UDP)
- Local Development Scheme
- Five year housing land supply
- Interim policy advice notes
- Brownfield Register July 2019
- Gateshead Community Infrastructure Levy
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Have your say on planning policy
- Housing delivery test action plan
Statement of Community Involvement
Maximising community involvement in plan-making promotes the greatest possible local ownership of the resulting plans and helps us get the right policies to shape the future of land uses and development in Gateshead.
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out how we will involve people in planning policies and on planning applications. It includes details about who will be involved and consulted with, how this will be done and when.
The SCI was the first document produced by Gateshead Council as part of the Local Plan and was adopted in December 2007 after passing the 9-part test of soundness. The SCI updated was in 2013 and again in October 2017.
All planning documents prepared as part of the Local Plan now have to be in accordance with this SCI to ensure that the minimum statutory requirements on consultation are met.
We have published an updated Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) to coincide with and assist the consultation on MSGP.
Spatial Planning and Housing Strategy
Development and Enterprise
0191 433 3000