Antisocial behaviour can include issues relating to:
- Noise nuisance
- Animal nuisance
- Rubbish accumulation
- Criminal behaviour including hate crime, domestic abuse, drug dealing and criminal damage
To resolve issues quickly, where possible we encourage you to speak to the person causing the antisocial behaviour and explain the effect it is having on you. Stay calm and try to be patient. Where problems continue, we can help.
Report antisocial behaviour
- Call 0191 433 5353 and speak to your Neighbourhood Housing Team
- Use our confidential online form
To help, tell us:
- What happened, giving a description of the incident/issue
- Where it happened, address, location
- When it happened, time and date
- Who was responsible, their name & address, a description of the individuals
- Why it happened, were you targeted, does it affect the community
- How it affected you
Not all issues are antisocial behaviour. Things such as noise from washing machines or Hoovers, DIY during sociable hours, a baby crying or children playing on a trampoline. We won't generally investigate these types of issues, unless they cause a significant nuisance.
Other agencies that can help
- Citizen's Advice Gateshead - 0344 2451288 or citizensadvicegateshead.org.uk
- Victims First Northumbria - 0800 0113116 or victimsfirstnorthumbria.org.uk
If you feel no action has been taken
If you have reported antisocial behaviour more than three times in the last six months and you feel that no action has been taken to resolve the problems, you can request a case review via the Community Trigger.
For further information call 0191 433 2279 or email email@example.com
(This service is not to be used for complaint reporting.)