Secondary school admissions
You can apply online for your child's secondary school place between Monday 9 September 2019 and Thursday 31 October 2019.
Make sure you look at thebefore you apply. It contains essential information, including:
- admission policies
- the criteria that will be used if a school is oversubscribed
- information on how places are offered
- the number of applications received for previous years
- the number of places offered for previous years
- details of the last distance offered
You may want to attendbefore you apply.
- we recommend you apply to three schools - applying for only one school does not improve your chance of being offered a place at the school
- check all the details you enter on your form are correct, including the details of any older siblings your child may have, already attending the school you apply to
- you must complete the 'Faith details' section of the form if you apply to a Catholic school
- we cannot guarantee your child a place at any school you apply to, even if they live in the catchment area or have a sibling already at the school, as this will depend upon the number of applications the school receives
- If any of your preferences is for a school outside Gateshead, please ensure you read their admission policy and arrangements before you apply
- you must submit your application by 31 October 2019
Admission age range September 2020
|If your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009.|
Your child is due to start year 7 at secondary school in September 2020. You can apply online for a secondary school place from 9 September 2019 to 31 October 2019.
Secondary admissions timeline
|9 September 2019||Online system opens for parents to apply|
|31 October 2019||Closing date for submitting applications|
|2 March 2020||Offer letters and emails sent to parents|
|13 March 2020||Parents must accept places by this date|
|23 March 2020||Any places that become available will be offered from the schools waiting list|
|May/June 2020||Appeals heard|
For more information, view our questions about the secondary admissions process.
Ofsted are changing the way they inspect and report on schools. Find out about the Education Inspection Framework and how the changes might effect you as a parent/guardian.
The School Admissions Team
0191 433 2757 / 0191 433 2109 / 0191 433 2756