What to expect
Once we have looked at your application we aim to match your interests with a suitable vacancy. We will ask for two references during the application process.
When you are ready to start volunteering we will arrange an induction programme to make sure that you are getting the right support and that the opportunity is suitable to you.
You can expect
- To be assigned a named person who will provide guidance and support
- To have the opportunity to access appropriate training
- Regular up to date information on training and volunteer opportunities
- To have access to all policies and procedures relating to your role
- Respect and consideration
- Equality of opportunity
- To be reimbursed for reasonable expenses
- Supervision within your role when relevant and appropriate
- Training to cover the use of any equipment required
- Protective clothing whenever this is necessary
- To be sign posted to other relevant opportunities
What we expect from you
- Two references during your application stage
- To act as a positive role model
- To be reliable and punctual
- To treat all people with respect and dignity regardless of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- To follow the council's policies and procedures
- Specially adhere to instructions while using equipment
- To follow the council's confidentiality policy