From Monday 15 June 2020 all Gateshead Council car parking charges will be enforced again.
PayByPhone is available in all our "pay for parking" locations. For a list of all car parking in Gateshead and the location numbers needed for PayByPhone visit car parks and pay and display bay locations.
We would encourage you to use this option to reduce the risk and spread of Covid-19. A small administration fee applies.
The advantages of using PaybyPhone are:
- no need to queue for a pay and display machine
- contactless payment
- no need to carry change / coins
- hassle free parking if machines are out of use
- optional SMS reminders for when parking runs out (fee applies)
- ability to extend parking time (where applicable) without returning to vehicle
- more than one vehicle can be registered on one account. Please ensure the correct vehicle is selected when parking.
- email and VAT receipts
How to use PayByPhone for car parking
The first time you use PayByPhone you will need to register and set up an account.
For each option you will need the car park location number, your vehicle registration and card payment details.
- Download the app and sign in
- Enter the car park location number
- Enter your vehicle registration
- Select how long you want to park for
- Pay for your parking with a selected debit or credit card
The app is available for Apple and Android users.
Call 0330 060 6213 or 0330 400 7275 from your mobile and follow the instructions. (0330 are non-geographic numbers that cost the same as calling a standard UK landline with a 01 or 02 prefix)
Visit PayByPhone to register / sign into your account and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Government NHS passes will be valid at the following locations, subject to their conditions of use:
- Peterborough Close (46 pay and display bays)
- Stephenson Terrace limited waiting bays (one continuous bay)
- Queen Elizabeth Avenue (15 pay and display bays)
- Town Hall car park (47 spaces)
- Walker Terrace (25 on street pay and display bays)
- Croxdale Terrace residents' parking bays (one continuous bay)
- Sunderland Road residents' parking bays (one continuous bay, near York Terrace)
- Lowrey's Lane car park (97 spaces)
- Whickham Long Stay car park (54 spaces)
NHS workers, care workers and NHS volunteers on official duties can park at the above locations free of charge when using the Government NHS passes issued by Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.