Toggle menu

Hearing loss services

Gateshead Council's Free Hearing Loss service has helped lots of Gateshead residents of all ages, with a range of practical solutions fitted free of charge in their own home.

The service can provide:

  • Smoke alarms
  • Flashing door bells
  • Alert pager systems linked to baby monitors
  • Door alert systems
  • Telephone amplifiers

Plus other equipment tailored to your individual needs.

If you are profoundly deaf or hard of hearing and would like to be assessed for this free service, please contact us by:

Phone: 0191 433 7033
Text: 07860 781 832
Web: Contact adult social care

We will then arrange to visit your home at a time that is convenient for you.

General advice

For general advice, we also have a dedicated support worker who will be happy to talk to you.

You can contact us on:

Phone: 0191 433 2899

Text: 07860 781 832.

To find out about the full range of adult social care services and how they might help you contact Adult Social Care Direct .


Contact Adult Social Care

There are many ways to contact the adult social care team, both online and over the phone.

We encourage people who can contact us online to do so, as it helps to free up phone lines for emergencies or for those who don't have access to or the skills to use computers.

Contact Adult Social Care