Toggle menu

Report an unlicensed house in multiple occupation

Report an unlicensed HMO

If a rental property is not on the list and you think it could be a house of multiple occupation or it is in need of repair, let us know. 

Report an unregistered HMO

Landlords must have a licence if they own a house in multiple occupation (HMO) in Gateshead. The property must be a safe and healthy place to live for the landlord to be granted a licence.

You don't have to live in the property to report it and you do not have to leave your contact details. 

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) register

The HMO register lists licensed properties and includes information such as:

  • licence holder
  • manager
  • the postal address of the property
  • number of habitable rooms.
  • licence details

Contact us if you would like to view the register.

Contact us

If you are unsure if your property needs a licence email the property occupancy details to

Help us improve this site by giving feedback