Restoration of Chase Park
Gateshead's historic Chase Park in Whickham was refurbished in 2017 with thanks to funding by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Big Lottery Fund.
The park's new features include
- restored listed windmill, entrance gates, paths and ornamental garden
- replanted flower beds and trees
- remodelled and enhanced toddler play area
- resurfaced tennis courts and new table tennis installed
- new junior play area and inclusion of skateboard park
- outdoor gym/trim trail
- community garden
- new benches, signs and interpretations of heritage points of interest
Resident-led Friends of Chase Park are dedicated to the protection, promotion and enhancement of Chase Park and will continue to look at ways to further improve the park and develop new opportunities within the park for the whole community to enjoy.
Visit the Friends of Chase Park facebook page to keep up to date with news and events.
If you would like to get involved in looking after the park please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring a park
Enquire about hiring a park for an event or activity.