Information for childminders
Become a registered childminder in Gateshead
- have the right to work in the UK
- be over 18 years old
- become registered with Ofsted
- provide care, play and learning opportunities for children
As a childminder:
- you will be self employed and can choose the hours you work
- offer children care in a home-based professional learning environment
- you can care for your own children alongside providing care to other children
- watch the children you care for grow and develop
- you can meet other childminders in your area
- you provide high quality professional childcare and early education
For more information, please contact Gateshead Family Information Service email@example.com
All childminders looking after children aged 5 and under must work within the guidelines of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Gov.uk explains how to register as a childminder or childcare provider.
HMRC offers free e-learning for childminders. 'Starting in Business' advises on the tax and National Insurance issues involved in starting your own business.
Safer Food Better Business for Childminders
Safer food, better business is the Food Standards Agency pack especially for childminders.
The pack gives simple advice on food safety including information about cooking for babies and children. Cleaning and looking after a child with a food allergy.
The Food Standards Agency provides more information about food safety.
Gateshead Council offer advice on food hygiene requirements.
Gateshead Family Information Service will contact you for further information when they are notified by Ofsted that you are registered.