Contaminated land and risk assessments
We can provide a Preliminary Risk Assessment (PRA) (Phase I desktop study) required as part of some planning applications.
For a single dwelling the charge for a PRA is £495 (Inc VAT).
For commercial developments and anything above two residential units, a quote will be provided on a case by case basis.
The PRA will include:
- an analysis of historical and environmental information including: geological, hydrogeological, hydrological, historic and regulatory data for the site and immediate vicinity.
- the provision of a risk assessment report with conceptual site modelling to assess the potential risk from land contamination to current / proposed change of use of the site, and impact on human health and the environments at the site or its neighbourhood.
- advice on the requirement for a Phase II Site Investigation.
- where applicable, the report will also identify if the site is in a 'Coal Authority Development High Risk Area' requiring a Coal Mining risk assessment to be undertaken by an appropriate qualified person to meet planning requirements for the proposed future development.
The completed Preliminary Risk Assessment will satisfy the requirements of the Local Planning Authority in respect of the provision of a Phase 1 PRA to be submitted with the planning application.
Other services in this category include:
- Air Quality Assessment in accordance with the requirements set out on pages 15 and 16 of of the Tyne and Wear Validation Checklist.
- Environmental Search Report - Order for £150.
For more information or to get a quote call 0191 433 3450 or email PSS@gateshead.gov.uk.