A publication scheme sets out information that a public authority should routinely make available. It commits the Council to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities.
The Information Commissioner's office (ICO) has developed a model publication scheme for Local Authorities which classifies information at a high level and states what it expects to be routinely provided
The scheme commits Gateshead Council :
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the Council and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which falls in the classes below
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is routinely made available so that is can be easily accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information which it makes available under the scheme
- To produce a schedule of any fees and charged for access to information which is made proactively available
- To make this scheme available to the public.
Information Rights Officer
0191 433 2192
Fax: 0191 433 2103