Permissions and licenses

The use of any premises (including domestic) for food business purposes may be considered as a change of use for the premises and you should contact Gateshead Council's Planning Department for further advice.

You may also need a licence if you are selling alcohol, selling hot food after 11pm, or operating a mobile vehicle on public land. If you think these apply please visit Licensing.

We can provide free advice to businesses in relation to trading standards legislation.

Gateshead Business is the largest business network in Gateshead offering business support if you have or are thinking of starting any kind of business or social enterprise. 

Contact us

Environmental Health
Gateshead Council
Civic Centre
Regent Street

0191 433 3951

Share this page