Health and wellbeing boards
The Gateshead Health and Wellbeing Board was put together as part of government-led changes to the health and social care system set out by the Health and Social Care Act 2012. It became a statutory committee on the 1st April 2013.
Our Health and Wellbeing Board helps local commissioners of health and social care, elected representatives, and representatives of Healthwatch to work together to improve the health and wellbeing of communities in Gateshead.
Ultimately, its aim is to build a thorough understanding of the needs of local communities, agree priorities, and make sure that patients and the public have more choice and experience better services in the future.
Where to start?
- Health and wellbeing boards - read more about the purpose of Health and Wellbeing Boards, and differences they have made to healthcare
- Healthwatch - Healthwatch England ensures that those who commission, deliver and regulate health and care services listen to the public
Support in Gateshead
- Healthwatch Gateshead - have your say on health and social care in Gateshead
- Gateshead Health and Wellbeing Board - more information on Gateshead's Health and Wellbeing Board
- - an overview of the health and wellbeing impact of tobacco
- - an overview of good health in childhood
- Gateshead Health and Wellbeing Board - find out who sits on the Gateshead Health and Wellbeing Board and when the next Board meetings are.