- Care Call
- Childcare funding
- Communities and environment
- Council Tax
- Children's social care privacy policies
- Corporate Fraud Team
- Corporate Fraud Team data matching
- Democratic services
- Electoral Registration
- Email marketing
- Financial assessments
- Go Gateshead
- Human resources
- Private Sector Housing
- Public health
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Taxi and private hire
- Business rates
- Libraries privacy notice
- Adult Learning privacy notice
- School admissions privacy notice
- Careers information advice and guidance (IAG)
- UK Community Renewal Fund (CRF) privacy notice
Economic Development privacy notice
Who we are
Gateshead Council's Economic Development Service is committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.This statement describes what types of information we collect from you. It also explains how we use it and share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how to contact us.
The Service is responsible for leading the council's efforts to create a strong, sustainable and inclusive economy. It works in collaboration with other council services and a range of partners across the policy areas that drive growth - the business environment, labour market and physical infrastructure - with the aim of boosting prosperity and reducing economic inequality.
What we do
- Influence local institutions to ensure that governance, policy, spending and the delivery of services meets our economic and housing growth priorities and needs.
- Work with partners to create an environment that enables new and existing businesses to thrive and create good quality jobs
- Help residents to develop in-demand skills and overcome barriers to enable them to secure and progress in suitable employment or start up in business.
- Enable the provision of physical infrastructure that will make Gateshead an attractive place to visit, live, work and invest.
- Manage the council's business centres, providing quality workspace for new and young businesses.
Additionally, we also manage and are responsible for the delivery of range of schemes to the benefit of residents and businesses including:
- New Enterprise Allowance
- Community Led Local Development
- Generation North East
(The above list is not exhaustive and is subject to change overtime)
Why we need your information and how we use it
We collect information about you and/or your business when you register your details with us or request our service or participate in one of our schemes (as above). This could be in person, on the phone, when you email us and/ or attendance at our events. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys and provide feedback.
We collect website usage information using cookies. You can read our Corporate privacy notice for further information.
We collect information about you to process your service request. We also collect information about you:
- where we are legally obliged to do so;
- to comply with funding contracts;
- with sub-contractors who are contracted to deliver a service on our behalf;
- with contractors providing IT services;
- elected Members and MPs (as your representative).
If you agree, we also use it to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We will not share information for marketing purposes with anyone outside of Gateshead Council.
What type of information is collected from you
If you have contacted us about any of the services we provide, we will collect your contact details; including name, address, email address, telephone number, so that we can follow up on your contact with us. Following the initial contact if you participate or seek to further support, we may request further information from you to enable us to tailor our support to your needs.
How long we keep your information
We review our retention periods of the information we hold about you on a regular basis. We are legally and /or contractually required to hold some types of information to fulfil our obligations.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity or service that we provide to you, or as required by law.
Information we send you
We will send you information to support you with your business or to further your employment opportunities, this may be advice offered directly by us or from organisations that we are working in close partnership with or through our contractual relationships. If you have consented to receive regular e-bulletins or e-newsletters, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you unless you have consented to and committed to being part of one our schemes where there are contractual obligation requiring us to continue to offer services for the period of the contract. You will however need to contact us if you no longer want to hear from us.
Our website places cookies on your device. These are text files that collect standard internet logging and visitor behaviour information. We use this information to track visitor use of the websites and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can read our Corporate privacy notice for further information.
Business Intelligence, Profiling and Automated-Decision making
Please see the relevant section of our Corporate privacy notice for further information.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. We last updated this privacy notice on 25 May 2018.
Protecting your information
Details on the protection of your information can be found on our Corporate privacy notice for further information.
Access to your information and your rights
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you need to contact us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
To contact us or make a subject access request write to:
Economic Development Service