Coronavirus (COVID-19)
View the latest COVID-19 information and advice, including details of the current lockdown rules and service updates


If someone requires a service from us and they do not speak English, an interpreter will be provided through our approved provider who will provide high quality interpreting between our officers and users of our services. All interpreters are appropriately qualified and all follow a code of practice that includes the need for confidentiality.

It may take some time before the interpreter is available to help you. If you are unable to attend your appointment for whatever reason, please contact the Council officer you are dealing with and advise them in order that your interpreter / communicator can be cancelled.

The officer you are dealing with will arrange this service on your behalf.

Communication Support is also available for people who require a British Sign Language Interpreter.

Share this page