Saltwell Park, Gateshead Central Library and Leisure Centre
There's a whole host of interesting sculptures to discover on a walk around Saltwell Park. And when you've found them all, the nearby Central Library and Leisure Centre are also home to intriguing public artworks. Why not pop into Gateshead's much loved Shipley Art Gallery - the North East's leading gallery of design and contemporary craft.
- Artist Sam Brewster
- About The heart of Saltwell Park is home to this brightly coloured sculpture intended to allude to the concepts of safe passage and transition.
- Artist Bill Pierce and Jonah Maurice
- About Sculptural seating for the Community Garden by Central Library.
- Artist Gilbert Ward
- About A stone sculpture fitting to its surroundings in Saltwell Park.
- Artist Hideo Furuta
- About Four steel tables and eight hand-carved granite spheres created by Japanese artist in Saltwell Park.
- Artist Constant, Hufton, Tokuda and Koshita
- About Mural situated in the entrance of Gateshead Leisure Centre and Gateshead Central Library.
- Artist Ira Lightman and Dan Civico
- About A text based artwork on the walls of Central Library created with the community.
- Artist William Pym
- About Iconic metal pavilion designed on the principle of a confessional box in Saltwell Park.
- Artist Bridget Jones
- About Beautiful glass screens surrounding the central stairwell of Saltwell Towers.
- Artist Danny Clahane
- About Stone carved sculpture depicting a head in hands in Saltwell Park.
- Artist Gordon Young
- About Brilliant white stone sculpture in Saltwell Park bearing inscriptions of expressions of love.
- Artist Stephen Newby
- About Curvaceous metal sculpture in the heart of Saltwell Park.
- Artist Cate Watkinson
- About A beautiful seat in the heart of the park with a layer of glass at its heart creating a flowing organic form.
- Artist Colin Rose
- About A steel sculpture representing the elements hanging in space above the viewers eye at the point of Saltwell Park's waterfall.