- Bus lanes
- Abnormal loads
- Dropped kerbs
- Highway licensing
- Street lighting
- Report a problem on the roads
- Road closures guidance - street parties and events
- Street naming and numbering
- Street works
- Street works permit scheme
- Traffic schemes: have your say
- Traffic signals
- Bridge maintenance
- Road adoption
- Highway maintenance schemes
- Traffic cameras
- Road signs and markings
- Stopping Up Orders
- Residential disabled parking bays
Report a pothole
Tell us if you see a pothole on a road, pavement or walkway in Gateshead.
You will need to tell us the exact location of the pothole.
We assess each pothole by the risk it poses to road users. The factors to we take into account include:
- size and depth of the pothole
- traffic type, speed and volume
- road alignment
- the position in the road.
We aim to repair potholes within 4 weeks of being reported.
Phone: 0191 433 7000
Minicom: 0191 433 7554