Countryside sites and country parks
Did you know that there are over 20 countryside sites in Gateshead including some amazing ancient meadows and woodlands? This includes Derwent Walk Country Park and Derwenthaugh Park and Watergate Forest Park - two countryside sites which are great for family days out. The Council has also reclaimed a number of smaller neighbourhood sites from the ashes of our industrial past to improve our environment and create new places for people and wildlife.
Search below for more information about all the Countryside sites in Gateshead or you can also drop into our Visitor centres at Swalwell and Thornley Woodlands where our volunteer wardens will be happy to provide more information on our sites.
- Address Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE39 1AU
- Address Off Whickham Highway at Lobley Hill, Gateshead, NE11 9RQ
- Address Access along from the Black Bull Pub, B6317, Blaydon, Gateshead
- Address Lamesley, Gateshead, NE16 5ET
- Address High Spen, Gateshead, NE39 1LT
- Address near Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE16 6BG
- Address Marley Hill, Near Sunniside, NE16 5EH
- Address Access from High Forge , near Beamish, Gateshead, DH9 0RT
- Address Access from the lay-by on the B6317 Stella Road, just west of Caroline Terrace, Blaydon, Gateshead
- Address Access from Mill Lane, Hebburn or from the Bowes Railway Path, Hebburn, Gateshead, NE31 2EY