Countryside sites and country parks
Did you know that there are over 20 countryside sites in Gateshead including some amazing ancient meadows and woodlands? This includes Derwent Walk Country Park and Derwenthaugh Park and Watergate Forest Park - two countryside sites which are great for family days out. The Council has also reclaimed a number of smaller neighbourhood sites from the ashes of our industrial past to improve our environment and create new places for people and wildlife.
Search below for more information about all the Countryside sites in Gateshead or you can also drop into our Visitor centres at Swalwell and Thornley Woodlands where our volunteer wardens will be happy to provide more information on our sites.
- Address Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE39 1AU
- Address Ryton, Gateshead, NE40 3SS
- Address near Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE16 6BG
- Address Across the road from the Ravensworth Arms, Lamesley, Gateshead, NE11 0EQ
- Address Beside Blaydon Pool on the B6371, Blaydon, Gateshead