Countryside sites and country parks
Did you know that there are over 20 countryside sites in Gateshead including some amazing ancient meadows and woodlands? This includes Derwent Walk Country Park and Derwenthaugh Park and Watergate Forest Park - two countryside sites which are great for family days out. The Council has also reclaimed a number of smaller neighbourhood sites from the ashes of our industrial past to improve our environment and create new places for people and wildlife.
Search below for more information about all the Countryside sites in Gateshead or you can also drop into our Visitor centres at Swalwell and Thornley Woodlands where our volunteer wardens will be happy to provide more information on our sites.
- Address Blackhall Mill, Gateshead, NE17 7TE
- Address Access from High Forge , near Beamish, Gateshead, DH9 0RT
- Address Access off Mill Lane (behind the Cock Crow Inn), Wardley, Gateshead, NE31 2EY
- Address Station Bank, Ryton, Gateshead
- Address The Staiths, Dunston, Gateshead, NE11 9DR
- Address Beside Blaydon Pool on the B6371, Blaydon, Gateshead
- Address Beside the A695 at Stargate, Blaydon, Gateshead
- Address Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE39 1EN
- Address Access from the lay-by on the B6317 Stella Road, just west of Caroline Terrace, Blaydon, Gateshead
- Address East end of South Shore Road, by the Keelman's Way riverside path, Saltmeadows riverside, NE8 3AF
- Address Rowlands Gill, Gateshead, NE39 1LU
- Address Access from Mill Lane, Hebburn or from the Bowes Railway Path, Hebburn, Gateshead, NE31 2EY
- Address High Felling, Gateshead, NE10 9BE