Awards and accolades
Awards and accolades 2014-2015
We were thrilled to pick up a number of awards during this period.
- Trinity Square was recognised at the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors North East Renaissance Awards, winning in the top commercial property category and also was named the Best Large Commercial Building in the 2014 Northern Region Local Authority Building Control Building Excellence Awards.
- Wood Green Sheltered Housing Scheme at Bill Quay has won a gold award at the National Housing for Older People Awards 2014.
The Council's own employees received several awards, including:
- Team of the Year for building cleaning service in the 2014 Local Government Chronicle Awards.
- The National Catering Team of the Year at the APSE Local Government Annual Service Awards 2014.
- Principal Social Worker of the Year award for Margaret Barrett.
- Adult Social Care won two awards at the National Learning Disability Awards for Positive Behaviour Support and Frontline Leaders. The service also picked up three awards at the Great North East Care Awards that promote best practice and promote excellence in adult care.
- Our job linkage team won an award at the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education regional awards, for its part in the successful "Best of Blaydon" project which is an intensive 2 - 3 week job search course for young unemployed people aged 18-24 in the Blaydon area.
- Debbie Ross from our events team won the North East Champion award at The Chronicle's Glass Slipper Awards.