- Thrive: our strategic approach
- Local Code of Governance
- Workforce Strategy
- Joint Municipal Waste Management Strategy
- Culture Strategy
- Play Strategy
- Rural Economic Strategy
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Corporate Asset Strategy and Management Plan 2015 - 2020
- Whistleblowing Policy - arrangements for the public
- Children and Young People's Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Transformation Plan 2018 Refresh
- Accessibility statement
Local Economic Assessment
The Government has given local authorities a statutory duty to undertake an economic assessment of their area, the aim being to develop a better understanding of the economy, enhance economic growth and inform new strategies such as the Integrated Regional Strategy. The assessment builds upon the aspirations of the Government's Local Growth White Paper, which explicitly states the central role of local authorities in supporting the economic development process, working with partners within the North Eastern Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) to promote local economic development.
The assessment, the first of its kind on the economy, is currently being used to help develop a better understanding of the local business base, whilst helping us to examine how issues such as worklessness and the need for higher level skills impact on the economy.