- Making Spaces for Growing Places
- Local Plan
- Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
- Unitary Development Plan (UDP)
- Local Development Scheme
- Five year housing land supply
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Brownfield Register March 2020
- Gateshead Community Infrastructure Levy
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Have your say on planning policy
- Housing delivery test action plan
Interim policy advice notes
The IPA documents were produced as Draft Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) in support of the first Deposit Draft UDP. Following changes to the development plan system emanating from the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004, the production of SPGs is no longer possible.
Under the Town and Country Planning (Transitional Arrangements) (England) Regulations 2004 we began producing updated Interim Policy Advice. This provides more detailed accompanying guidance relating to specific areas of planning policy.
As of July 2007 IPA documents were produced. Where appropriate, comments that were made in response to draft SPG have been incorporated into the IPA.
Whilst not having the statutory status of SPG, the IPA documents are adopted council policy, and are material considerations in determining planning applications.
Supplementary Planning Guidance 4: Children's Play Area Standards and 5: Provision of Open Space and Landscaping in New Developments are available to the public on request to the Spatial Planning and the Environment via email email@example.com.
Relevant sections from the SPG's are included in the Planning Obligations SPD and are available in the documents below, for information.
Spatial Planning and Housing Strategy
Development and Enterprise
0191 433 3000