- Making Spaces for Growing Places
- Local Plan
- Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
- Local Development Scheme
- Five year housing land supply
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Interim policy advice notes
- Brownfield Register December 2019
- Gateshead Community Infrastructure Levy
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Have your say on planning policy
- Housing delivery test action plan
Unitary Development Plan (UDP)
The Gateshead Unitary Development Plan (UDP) was originally adopted in 2007, setting our policies and proposals for land use, transport and the environment. It has since played a major part in shaping land use and development in Gateshead.
In July 2010, 153 of the UDP policies were saved by direction of the Secretary of State under paragraph 1(3) of Schedule 8 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
In March 2012, the Government published the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), which guides Local Planning Authorities on planning policy and requires each Local Planning Authority to produce a Local Plan. Gateshead Council will gradually replace the UDP with new Development Plan Documents and Supplementary Planning Documents, which will make up the Gateshead Local Plan.
Some of the 153 saved policies, or parts of policies, have been superseded by policies in the Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan (adopted March 2015), and have therefore been deleted. The remaining saved UDP policies form part of Gateshead's Local Plan until they are superseded by policies in further documents forming part of the Local Plan.