- Gateshead Volunteers' Month
- Volunteering opportunities
- Countryside Volunteers
- Children's centre volunteers
- Anti-social behaviour victim volunteers
- Group volunteering
- Volunteer Community Resilience Wardens
- What to expect
- Case studies
- Independent volunteer supporter - Barnardo's
- Special Olympics Gateshead
- Advice for Gateshead volunteers during Covid-19
Digital Volunteers are volunteers that help people get to grips with IT. Whether it's searching the internet, setting up an email account, using their mobile phone or tablet. Do you:
- feel confident using IT?
- understand the latest technology?
- thrive on helping others?
If the answer is yes then why not become a Digital Volunteer.
Digital volunteers can work with learners on a one-to-one basis and meet in a public venue such as a community centre, library, WiFi enabled café or pub. Other digital volunteers may prefer to set up and work with a small group of adults. Again, libraries or WiFi enabled community halls are popular venues for group activities.
You might need to support a learner with their own laptop or desktop or help someone with their tablet, e-book reader or smartphone. You don't need to be an expert in all these technologies, but a general awareness of what each can do would be useful.
We will support you with training in this role.