Gateshead Council and Gateshead's Clinical Commissioning Group (a group of GPs who plan local health services) are required by clause 25 of the Children and Families Bill to make arrangements ('joint commissioning arrangements') about the education, health and care provision to be secured for children and young people for whom it is responsible who have Special Educational Needs (SEN).
This must include arrangements for:
- Securing Education, Health and Care (EHC) assessments;
- Securing the education, health and care provision specified in EHC Plans; and
- Agreeing personal budgets.
The above arrangements are described in detail in our Local Offer.
In Gateshead, the arrangements for securing provision ('joint commissioning') for children and young people with SEN forms part of our annual commissioning cycle and draws on the needs and priorities identified through:
- SEN needs assessment
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
- Early Years SEND Audit [824.38KB]
- Children Gateshead 2014-17 [164.62KB]
- Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP)
- Local Transformation Plan (LTP)
- Active, healthy and well Gateshead [357.85KB]
- Short breaks statement [252.6KB]
- Involving young people, parents and carers
- SEN Policy [42.09KB]
- Accessibility Strategy [363.99KB]