- Find childcare
- Gateshead Children's Centres
- Family Information Service and directory
- Free early education and childcare
- Toy Library
- Information for early years childcare professionals
- Information for childminders
- Concerns about a childcare provider
- Flexible working
- Gateshead's Local Offer (special educational needs)
Gateshead breastfeeding support
This is a group of local women trained to support other mothers who are breastfeeding. They hold free support groups throughout Gateshead. These are for pregnant women and breastfeeding mums during term time.
- mother to mother support
- the myths and facts of breast feeding
- support for those who have just come home with their baby
- a chance to talk to other mums who may have gone through similar problems
- information about your local Children's Centre
They cannot give out advice but have the ability to signpost you in the right direction.
If you have a medical concern or any query that can not wait for discussion at a group contact your midwife, GP or the National Breastfeeding Helpline on 0300 100 0212.
You can bring older children along but they will need to be well supervised to ensure the safety of the younger babies.
Breast pumps and TENS Machines are for sale at reduced rates at Gateshead Toy Library. Contact Gateshead Children's Centres.
How to become a Peer Counsellor
Have you breast fed your baby for six months? Are you interested in becoming a peer supporter to support other breastfeeding mothers?
If yes, contact us to register your interest for a seven week course.
Gateshead Children's Centre @ Deckham
0191 433 6300