Gateshead Children's Centres
Gateshead Children's Centres provide support, advice and activities for families with children under the age of five years. Our children's centre and linked sites give help and advice on child and family health, parenting, money, training and employment.
Gateshead Children's Centre services are also delivered in other facilities across Gateshead.
Please contact us on 0191 433 6300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or visit our Facebook page.
Gateshead Children's Centre Membership is free and enables families to access a wide range of services including:
- A place for parents and carers with children under the age of five years to socialise with other parents and carers and children
- A range of activities for families with children under the age of five years
- Parenting advice and support
- Health advice including breastfeeding, hygiene, weaning, nutrition and safety
- Antenatal and postnatal advice
- Family support and advice
- Affordable childcare and support to access funding
View your local children's centre below and find out more about the opening hours and activities of each centre.
Other childrens services
Hungry Little Minds is the new Department for Education campaign that encourages parents and carers to adopt positive attitudes and behaviours to boost children's communication, language and literacy development.
NHS Start 4 Life is a programme that helps parents adopt healthy behaviours during pregnancy, birth and their children's early years.
NHS Little Orange Book Expert advice on helping babies and young children when they're poorly.
Autism Information Hub at the Elgin Centre The autism information hub and parent support group is available to anyone with an interest in autism - parents / carers / family members, professionals, practitioners, or individuals with autism, with or without a diagnosis.
0191 433 6300