Visiting Gateshead's libraries from 19 July
With local infection rates continuing to rise, Gateshead Council's priority remains the health and safety of our residents and colleagues.
From Monday 19 July, we politely ask all customers visiting any library across Gateshead to:
- Wear a face covering, particularly when moving around the library
- Maintain a safe distance from other library users and staff, where possible
- Sanitise your hands on entry using either the sanitising stations available, or your own sanitising product. We'll be continuing with our enhanced cleaning regime
- Check-in with NHS Track and Trace using any of the QR codes displayed at each library
- Sanitise computers before and after use using the wipes provided. Access to computers will continue to be limited, so pre-booking is strongly encouraged
- Respect our staff at all times. They are working hard to deliver your library service in a way that's safe for everyone
- Remain cautious. If you have coronavirus symptoms, please don't visit our libraries. Arrange a test and stay at home.
All libraries except Wrekenton are open for browsing and borrowing but will continue to operate limited opening hours. Please check opening hours for your local site in advance of your visit.
We will review our operations regularly in line with government guidance and public health advice, but for now, thank you for continuing to respect these safety measures and playing your part in keeping yourself and others safe and helping to keep our libraries open.