- Covid restrictions
- Service updates
- Community support
- Health advice
- £500 self-isolation payment
- Cases in Gateshead
- Advice for businesses, self-employed and employers
- Advice for jobseekers and people in work
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits
- Advice for families
- Local COVID-19 testing
- Report a concern
- Ask the experts
- Our response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Gateshead COVID-19 Local Outbreak Control Plan
- Coronavirus scams
- Northumbria Local Resilience Forum (NLRF)
- Advice for care providers
- Advice for schools
- School closures
- Free training courses
- Multi language information on staying at home and how to stay well
- Multi language coronavirus advice - how to access support
- Shop local and shop safely
- Gateshead Council COVID-19 Risk Assessments
- A safe return to school
Covid community champions
Could you help us share information about COVID-19 in your community?
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on everyone here in Gateshead. Although news of the vaccine is really exciting, we've still a way to go to keep each other safe and get life back to normal.
We want to make sure that residents, from across every community in Gateshead, stay up to date with the latest guidance and advice. This is why we have launched our COVID Community Champion network.
About the community champions network
The network will be made up of volunteers from all over Gateshead who want to make a difference in their communities. You may be from an organisation that works with a particular community group; an individual who is well connected in your community or just someone who wants to know more about COVID-19 to share information with friends and family.
Whoever you are - please help us to help you and others.
The network will give residents the chance to stay up to date on the latest advice about COVID-19. You'll be kept informed so that you share information with your family, friends and other community members and help them to make sense about the facts about the virus.
About our volunteers
We're looking for organisations and individuals who:
- have an understanding of and / or interest in helping people in the community.
- have good social skills and are a good listener
- have the ability to give and receive feedback
- are reliable and dependable
- have a sensitive and caring attitude towards others
- live in Gateshead
You do not need any formal qualifications.
- sign up to become a champion
- take part in four short modules with all the basics on COVID-19 - these will take place throughout January both through the day and evening. Topics cover COVID safety, community engagement, case investigation, test and trace and myth busting covering vaccinations, testing and other myths
- you'll then become a COVID-19 champion and be invited to attend a fortnightly briefing where we'll share the latest figures for cases and cover any key topics
- you receive the latest information about COVID-19 directly from us
- you share this information with anyone in your community, however you want
- you let us know what is and isn't working and ask questions on behalf of you and others.
Get in touch
If you would like to find out more about the scheme to see whether it's right for you then get in touch by:
- Email CommunityChampions@Gateshead.gov.uk.
- Call or text us us on 07596 318 609
- Private message us through our One You Gateshead Facebook page
- Or click the sign up button below and someone from our team will be in touch