- Retired people finding creative solution to isolation
- Libraries helping frontline workers
- Take the time to read online
- Imagine, design and make at Makerplace
- Get coding with Micro:bits
- National Lottery funding boost for Local History collection
- VE Day Anniversary Celebration
- Gateshead Archive COVID-19 Collection
- New video on diverse work of library service during COVID-19 crisis
- From Monday 6 July - Ring and Read
- Gateshead Council announces phased reopening of services
- Limited reopening from Monday 7 September
Changes to Council library services during lockdown
Due to the new government restrictions book browsing will not be possible in our libraries from Thursday 5 November. However, some library services are still available.
Ring and Read services are still on offer. You can order books online or by phone, simply give some information about what you like to read and library staff will choose some books for you to collect. If you are unable to collect books at this time doorstep delivery and Readers at Home services are also available. Find out more at gateshead.gov.uk/ringandread
Essential computer use is still available from libraries in Blaydon, Birtley, Chopwell, Crawcrook, Leam Lane and Pelaw.
Essential computer use is not currently available at the Central Library but this service may resume during lockdown, please check our web site for updates or ring 0191 433 8410.
Dunston Library will be closed from Wednesday 4 November. Low fell, Rowlands Gill, Winlaton and Whickham will be open for Ring and Read. Opening hours remain unchanged.