- Retired people finding creative solution to isolation
- Libraries helping frontline workers
- Take the time to read online
- Imagine, design and make at Makerplace
- Get coding with Micro:bits
- National Lottery funding boost for Local History collection
- VE Day Anniversary Celebration
- Gateshead Archive COVID-19 Collection
- New video on diverse work of library service during COVID-19 crisis
- Gateshead Council announces phased reopening of services
- Limited reopening from Monday 7 September
Changes to Council library services during lockdown
Due to government restrictions, book browsing is not possible in our libraries at the moment. However, some library services are still available.
Unfortunately we cannot offer Ring and Read services at the moment. There is no computer use currently available in Gateshead Libraries. This applies both to Council and volunteer run libraries.
Access our eBook and eAudio services via BorrowBox.
Please check our web site for updates or ring 0191 433 8410.