Toggle menu

Request an absence for taking part in performances

Head Teachers can authorise leave of absence for a pupil to be employed in a performance. The school should be happy that this absence will not have a negative effect on the child's education.

Government guidance (opens new window) says the absence should only be authorised in 'special circumstances'.

You must complete our child performance licence before a child can take part in a performance. We are unlikely to grant a child performance licence if the school decides not to authorise the absence.