Visiting St Mary's Heritage Centre after 19 July
The Government has confirmed it will proceed with the removal of all COVID-19 restrictions. However, with local infection rates continuing to rise, Gateshead Council's priority remains the health and safety of our residents and colleagues.
From Tuesday 20 July, we politely ask all visitors to St Mary's Heritage Centre to:
- Wear a face covering, particularly when moving around the building or attending for an appointment.
- Sanitise your hands on entry using either the sanitising stations available, or your own sanitising product. We'll be continuing with our enhanced cleaning regime.
- Check-in with NHS Track and Trace using the QR codes displayed.
- Maintain a safe distance from other visitors and staff.
- Sanitise the computer/microfiche before and after use using the wipes provided.
- Sanitise your hands before handling bookshop items or the local history resources.
- Be respectful of staff.
- Remain cautious. If you have coronavirus symptoms, please don't visit St Mary's.
We will continue to:
- Leave the doors open for ventilation.
- Maintain the increased cleaning regime.
- Keep the perspex screens at the reception desk.
- Wear face coverings when away from the screens.
We hope that you will enjoy your visit to St Mary's. The Gateshead Outdoors exhibition is running throughout August, the St Mary's Bookshop is well stocked and you can enjoy a hot or soft drink to sit in or takeaway. We also have a short, fun graveyard trail for the kids to enjoy over the summer holidays.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us on 0191 433 4699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our temporary opening hours remain Tuesday - Friday 10am - 4pm.
Centre staff will be in touch with private hire clients to discuss the specific safety measures in place for events.