- Recipe card number one - Mild chicken curry, steamed rice and naan bread
- Recipe card number two - French pizza bread
- Recipe card number three - Spanish chicken and vegetable tray bake
- Recipe card number four - Mexican bean chilli, steamed rice and cheddar cheese (vegetarian)
- Recipe card number five - Beef burgers, rainbow salad and baked wedges
- Recipe card number seven - Spaghetti bolognese
- Recipe card number eight - Minestrone soup (vegetarian)
Recipe card number six - Creamy courgette and pea pasta (vegetarian)
- one small white or red onion - finely diced
- 50ml oil
- one teaspoon garlic puree
- two courgettes finely diced or sliced
- 200g frozen peas
- 300ml crème fraiche
- 400g cooked whole-wheat penne pasta, approx 200g dry pasta
- one teaspoon mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to season
- parmesan or cheddar cheese to sprinkle
- For the pasta bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Prepare the vegetables and ingredients.
- Meanwhile add pasta to simmering water to cook.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the diced onions and courgettes for a few minutes, to soften. Add garlic puree and stir in the peas and cook for few minutes.
- Next stir the crème fraiche and season with salt and pepper. Heat gently for a further four to five minutes.
- Drain pasta, add to the mixture and stir well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate, sprinkle with grated cheese and then serve immediately.
- Serve with garlic bread and your choice of salad.
- Feel free to use other types of pasta and vegetables.
Skill to learn
Learn to cook quick and easy pasta dishes.
- This pasta tastes delicious reheated the next day.
- You can freeze the left over parmesan and use when required directly from the freezer.