- Recipe card number one - Mild chicken curry, steamed rice and naan bread
- Recipe card number two - French pizza bread
- Recipe card number three - Spanish chicken and vegetable tray bake
- Recipe card number four - Mexican bean chilli, steamed rice and cheddar cheese (vegetarian)
- Recipe card number six - Creamy courgette and pea pasta (vegetarian)
- Recipe card number seven - Spaghetti bolognese
- Recipe card number eight - Minestrone soup (vegetarian)
Recipe card number five - Beef burgers, rainbow salad and baked wedges
- one white small onion, diced
- 500g minced beef
- burger blend (½ teaspoon of black pepper, one teaspoon smoked paprika)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- one tablespoon of garlic puree
- two teaspoons of mixed herbs
- four large burger buns
- one tablespoon of oil for cooking
- four jacket potatoes, cut in quarters
- four tablespoons of oil
- two tablespoons of garlic puree
- salt and pepper to season
- two teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ pack of cherry tomatoes (125g), quartered
- one red onion, sliced or diced
- one red pepper, sliced or diced
- one small tin of sweetcorn, drained
- Salad dressing: two tablespoons of oil, one teaspoon of mustard and two tablespoons malt vinegar
- one lemon cut into four quarters
- Tip 500g beef mince into a bowl with one small diced onion and all the seasonings and mix thoroughly using disposable gloves or clean hands.
- Divide the mixture into four. Lightly wet your hands. Carefully roll the mixture into balls, each about the size of a tennis ball.
- Set in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze down to flatten into patties about 3cm thick. Make sure all the burgers are the same thickness so that they will cook evenly.
- Put on a plate, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the burgers in a frying pan on a medium heat with one tablespoon of oil until fully cooked and browned on both sides.
- Alternatively, bake in a preheated oven on 200°C / 180°C fan / gas mark five for 20 minutes until fully cooked.
- Rub oil, herbs, garlic into potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the baking tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes at 200°C / 180°C fan or gas mark five.
- Cook until golden brown, turning half way through.
- Make salad dressing by whisking the ingredients together - use fork and small bowl.
- Just before serving: combine dressing with prepared salad items in large salad bowl - mix gently to coat.
- Serve with freshly squeezed lemon on top.
- Save energy, use space in the oven to bake some jacket potatoes for the next time. Did you know that cooked jackets or any roasted potatoes can be immediately chilled and then frozen for up to a month in the freezer? Simply take them out when needed, defrost thoroughly and microwave.
- Dress the salad just before serving.
- Chill leftover wedges for the next day or freeze them.