- Recipe card number one - Mild chicken curry, steamed rice and naan bread
- Recipe card number three - Spanish chicken and vegetable tray bake
- Recipe card number four - Mexican bean chilli, steamed rice and cheddar cheese (vegetarian)
- Recipe card number five - Beef burgers, rainbow salad and baked wedges
- Recipe card number six - Creamy courgette and pea pasta (vegetarian)
- Recipe card number seven - Spaghetti bolognese
- Recipe card number eight - Minestrone soup (vegetarian)
Recipe card number two - French pizza bread
This is a super versatile and fun recipe to make. You can put anything you want on top. Simply apply tomato sauce onto the bread, your choice of delicious and healthy veggies, sprinkle with cheese and herbs and it's ready for the oven.
- two part baked baguettes
- pizza topping sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- one red and one yellow pepper
- one tin of sweetcorn
- 150g mushrooms
- one red onion, diced
- two teaspoons of mixed herbs
- Thinly slice or dice the peppers, mushrooms and onions.
- Drain the sweetcorn.
- Grate the cheese if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan or gas mark four.
- Remove the baguettes from the packaging and slice in half.
- Arrange, flat side up on a baking tray lined with greaseproof or baking paper.
- Spread the tomato sauce and scatter the vegetables.
- Finally, top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with dried herbs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese has melted and baguettes are crispy and cooked thoroughly.
Serve with a little salad, coleslaw or even baked beans.
Skills to learn
- Using bread as a base for delicious pizza - feel free to experiment. Use naan breads, English muffins or other favourite breads.
- Use your imagination to experiment with different combinations of toppings.
You can freeze assembled baguettes ready for cooking the next time. Don't forget to label them up with the date of freezing - do not exceed two months. Wrap them in cling film and freeze. Reheat in a preheated oven from frozen for about 20 minutes at medium heat at 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark four.