- Covid restrictions
- Service updates
- Community support
- Health advice
- £500 self-isolation payment
- Cases in Gateshead
- Advice for businesses, self-employed and employers
- Advice for jobseekers and people in work
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits
- Advice for families
- Local COVID-19 testing
- Report a concern
- Ask the experts
- Gateshead COVID-19 Local Outbreak Control Plan
- Coronavirus scams
- Northumbria Local Resilience Forum (NLRF)
- Advice for care providers
- Advice for schools
- School closures
- Free training courses
- Multi language information on staying at home and how to stay well
- Multi language coronavirus advice - how to access support
- Shop local and shop safely
- Gateshead Council COVID-19 Risk Assessments
- A safe return to school
- Covid community champions
Our response to the coronavirus pandemic
Throughout the coronavirus crisis many of our residents and businesses have needed more, and in some cases different support from the council. We've had to respond to their needs as quickly and effectively as possible. We are doing everything we can for the people of Gateshead and there is no doubt that together we have achieved a lot.
Support for our communities
Sheena Ramsey talks about how we have maintained essential services and supported our communities throughout the coronavirus crisis.
Support for young people and families
Councillor Haley talks about how we have supported our young people and their families during the coronavirus crisis.
Support for older and more vulnerable people
Caroline O' Neil talks about how we have supported our older and more vulnerable people during the coronavirus crisis.
Support for businesses
Councillor Brain talks about how we have supported Gateshead businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.