- Retired people finding creative solution to isolation
- Libraries helping frontline workers
- Take the time to read online
- Imagine, design and make at Makerplace
- Get coding with Micro:bits
- National Lottery funding boost for Local History collection
- Reading Well for children
- Gateshead Archive COVID-19 Collection
- New video on diverse work of library service during COVID-19 crisis
- From Monday 6 July - Ring and Read
VE Day Anniversary Celebration
Friday 8th May marks 75 years since VE (Victory in Europe) Day when the Second World War came to an end. This week to commemorate, we'll be sharing historic images on Gateshead Libraries Facebook page and asking you to share VE Day family stories and memories.
We also have two guest speakers joining us on Friday 8th for special Facebook events:
Friday 8th May, 7pm - The end of a long march: Join local author and historian John Sadler as he talks about Gateshead prisoners of war and their return home in 1945
Friday 8th May, 8.30pm - Victory Fashion: A talk from costume historian Lucy Adlington with some great examples and stories about what people wore on VE and VJ Day.