- Health advice
- Service updates
- Community support
- Advice for businesses, self-employed and employers
- Northumbria Local Resilience Forum (NLRF)
- Coronavirus and claiming benefits
- Advice for care providers
- Advice for schools
- Coronavirus scams
- School closures
- Advice for jobseekers and people in work
- Multi language information on staying at home and how to stay well
- Multi language coronavirus advice - how to access support
Free training courses
Gateshead Council can provide you with support if you are looking for work or have lost your job as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
We have online learning, one-to-one tutor support either by phone or video link, and mentoring and support to help you find work.
Our short programmes focus on CV writing, completing application forms, interview skills, customer service and health and safety. We can also offer bespoke one-to-one training on team work, communication skills and team leading.
Gateshead learningSkills Community Learning have a range of free online courses to help you keep fit and active during the isolation period; from Yoga to gentle exercise. Courses to invoke your mental wellbeing, budget: store cupboard essential cooking and clothing alterations. All programmes delivered through online learning at various times of the week.
All enquiries to email@example.com or leave a message 0191 4338646 and someone will get back to you
Sign up for the latest updates
Subscribe to Gateshead Now and get all the latest news and updates straight to your inbox.