Advice for businesses, self-employed and employers
We understand this is an extremely difficult time for businesses, the self-employed and employees. We want to reassure all businesses that we are working tirelessly with partners locally, regionally and nationally to ensure that you can access the right help at the right time.
Current restrictions for businesses
- all hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only
- late night restriction of operating hours will be introduced, with hospitality, leisure and entertainment venues required to close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses can still sell food and drinks for consumption off the premises between the hours of 10pm to 5am but only for delivery service, arranged online or by phone
- customers in hospitality venues must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink
- staff in hospitality and retail will now also be required to wear face coverings
hospitality venues, tourism and leisure services and close contact services must now display an NHS QR code poster for the NHS Covid-19 app
We're here to help
If you believe you would benefit from one-to-one advice, have a question, suggestion or offer, the council's Business Gateshead Team are on hand to help, so get in touch with us today:
- Contact us. We are receiving a high number of enquiries but we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please include a contact telephone number in your email.
- Sign up to our Business Gateshead newsletter and follow our social channels for regular updates, as and when they arise.
Gateshead is a partner in the North East Growth Hub, a digital resource for businesses providing information on the latest support programmes, funding and events across the region.
Our business support events remain cancelled for now. We hope to reschedule these events at a later date.
However, our partners are continuing to deliver a series of webinars and online business support services, for more information please visit our Business Gateshead events page