Some restrictions have been reintroduced
England has moved to Plan B measures in response to the risks of the Omicron variant. This means:
- face coverings are required by law in most indoor settings
- office workers who can work from home should do so
- certain venues and events are required by law to check that all visitors aged 18 years or over are fully vaccinated, have proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours, or have an exemption
Support for residents affected by Covid-19 is still available. For emergency support, call 0191 433 7112 or Freephone 0800 953 7112.
We still need everyone to play their part in preventing the spread of Covid-19, to keep people safe and keep the North East open.
- Get all recommended doses of the vaccine as soon as you can.
- If you have symptoms including a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a change in your sense of taste or smell, stay at home and arrange a test immediately.
- Be cautious - wash your hands regularly, wear a face covering, keep your distance from others, meet up outdoors where you can and let in fresh air if you're meeting indoors.
Sign up for the latest updates
Subscribe to Gateshead Now and get all the latest news and updates straight to your inbox.