Coronavirus restrictions remain in place across the country
Some of the rules on what you can and cannot do changed on 17 May. However, many restrictions remain in place:
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to 30 people and indoor gatherings are limited to 6 people or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible).
- Indoor hospitality venues can reopen for table service only.
- Work from home if you can.
- if you have symptoms get a test and stay at home.
The health and wellbeing of our residents is our main priority and people should feel reassured we are working closely with Government and health authorities to prevent the spread of the virus within our communities. We are asking you to:
- wash your hands regularly, wear a face covering where appropriate, keep a safe distance from others and remember the importance of fresh air
- isolate immediately and Book a test online or call 119 if you have symptoms of a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- get your vaccination when it's offered to you
You can find a range of further guidance below.
Sign up for the latest updates
Subscribe to Gateshead Now and get all the latest news and updates straight to your inbox.