Before you make a complaint about housing you might find what you need to report or request by using one of these options.
Make a complaint
Please check the options above before proceeding to make a complaint.
Give a compliment
Let us know if you have something positive to say about this service area.
By using one of the options above you're helping us free up our phone lines for urgent matters and for those who don't have access to a computer.
If you are unable to find an answer or would prefer to speak to someone you can contact us Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm. Calls may be recorded for training proposes.
Private sector housing is based at Gateshead Civic Centre.
☎ 0191 433 2350
Ask us about support available for people who need an interpreter or a British Sign Language interpreter.
- Report a bonfire
- Report a noise complaint
- Report a statutory nuisance (includes gas, dust,fumes)
- Information about smoke control areas
- Find out more about air quality and pollution
- Report an empty private property
- Report a private property in disrepair
- Report an unlicensed house in multiple occupation
- Report light pollution