Add your details
Please read and agree to the terms and conditions before adding your social care service provider details.
Terms and conditions
Gateshead Council as part of its Care Act 2014 provision of information and advice is establishing a Adult Social Care website.
The aim of the Adult Social Care website (the website) is to enable providers of care and support services (Providers) to advertise their services to people in and around Gateshead.
Providers that agree to the following terms and conditions and offer services in the Gateshead area that fit into the categories listed below are invited to submit advertising content to be placed on the website by completion of the form.
The following categories may be included in the website:
- Advice and Information
- Alarm Services
- Care Quality Commission Registered Home Care Agencies
- Care Quality Commission Registered Residential or Nursing Care Homes
- Carer Support
- Day Care
- Drug and Alcohol
- Extra Care Housing
- Floating Support
- Health and Wellbeing
- Independent Financial Advice
- Independent Supported Living
- Interpreting Services
- Preventative Services
- Sexual Health
- Sheltered Accommodation
- Supported Accommodation
If a Provider offers care and support for more than one of the above categories a form for each category must be completed.
Placing an advert on the website does not mean Gateshead Council recommends a Provider and / or its service(s). For the avoidance of doubt, Gateshead Council does not endorse, accredit, approve or recommend any of the Providers that advertise their services on the website and Providers must not state or imply that this is the case.
It is the Provider’s responsibility to make sure that any advert placed on the website is factually correct and free of errors or omissions.
Regardless of where a Provider is based, services must be delivered in the Gateshead area in order to place an advert on the website.
Providers undertaking a ‘regulated activity’ must be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) before an advert can be placed.
Gateshead Council reserves the right not to place an advert on the website or to require content to be changed at its discretion:
- to ensure compliance with the law
- to avoid reputational damage to Gateshead Council
- if CQC registration is not obtained for providers undertaking a ‘regulated activity’
- if adverts do not fall within the categories which are advertised on the website or services are not delivered in the Gateshead area
Gateshead Council reserves the right to remove any advert from the website where:
- the advert does not meet or no longer meets these terms and conditions
- the CQC has recorded concerns about a Provider / their services
- where the Provider / their service is placed in suspension by Gateshead Council or any other local authority
- where false information has been supplied by a Provider
- a serious complaint has been made against the Provider / their service
Providers are required to review the content of their advert on a 6 monthly basis. Failure to review and confirm details after a period of 12 months will result in the advert being removed from the website.
Providers are required by the Council to:
- respond quickly when service users make contact;
- maintain a professional but friendly tone in all communication with others;
- be reactive to any problems or concerns that are raised;
- meet the Council’s anti-discriminatory practice standards.
- All material or content submitted for use on the website is considered non-confidential and non-proprietary
- All material or content submitted for an advert, including images of service users, staff or stock photo images must have the correct licences or permissions to be placed on the website
- By submitting material or content to Gateshead Council a Provider confirms that they have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions for content and that they will indemnify Gateshead Council in respect of any claims for loss or damage made regarding the content of adverts posted on the website
- Gateshead Council disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, within the content posted on the website and shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information listed on the website.
Please confirm that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and agree to abide by them
Gateshead Council does not endorse, accredit, approve or recommend any of the organisations that advertise their services on the Adult Social Care website.
Please read our Adult Social Care disclaimer for more information.