Posted on Monday 10 October 2016
Engineering works for the Gateshead District Energy Scheme in the High Street, Gateshead, have been delayed due to unexpected problems finding a route around some underground utility services. These were unfortunately found in different locations to those indicated on available plans and Gateshead Council, Clancy Docwra and the utility company are in discussions on how best to resolve this. However, this means the likelihood of an eight week delay in completing the work.
Work will restart on High Street today to allow the installation of new apparatus for the District Energy Scheme and the next phase will require a temporary road closure of High Street, between Anne Street and Chandless Street (outside Ye Olde Fleece) from Monday 17th October for two weeks.
During this period;
- There will be no access to the Regent Street car park via Grahamsley Street /High Street.
- Chandless Street will be closed to vehicles.
- Some Jackson Street bus stops will be suspended. Nexus and Go North East will advertise any route changes.
- Advanced warning signs will be placed on street advertising the closure.
- Diversions will be in place that still allow access to affected businesses.
- Pedestrian access to High Street will remain unaffected.
While working in the area we will endeavour to keep the disruption to a minimum.
For general enquiries, please contact: 0191 549 7061.
The council and Clancy Docwa would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their patience and co-operation while apologising for any inconvenience.