Posted: Wednesday 26th September 2012
The North East Regional Road Safety Resource has now re-launched their website after extensive redevelopment. The intention is that as well as providing a better experience, it should now be much easier to keep up-to-date, and so the Resource can make the website relevant to road safety professionals by providing current data and research reports.
Amongst the new and redesigned features are the following sections:
- Reports – This has been redesigned to show the most recently published reports on a home screen. A new folder structure has also been set up to allow for better grouping of related reports, and an archive has been included to separate older, less relevant reports from newer analysis, but to still allow them to be accessed for background information and ideas.
- Data – This section has been completely updated with 2011’s collision and casualty statistics.
- News – The news feed is one of the main areas where the re-design of the website should be evident. The news feed will now be used to highlight any new work that the Resource has produced and also any news from partners and stakeholders. In addition, the latest published news from other road safety organisations is also displayed in an RSS feed along the right hand side of the page.
- Links – These have been completely updated and re-organised into relevant categories to allow for easy navigation.
- Contacts – A webform has now been included on this page so that site visitors can submit comments and enquiries to the Resource directly through the website. Please note that whilst you do not need to provide a name or contact e-mail address to leave a comment, if you require a response from the Resource then you will need to fill in this information.
- Search - In addition to these redesigned sections, a search facility has also been added to the website to allow site visitors to quickly find information on specific topics.