Client: Design Services, Gateshead Council
Contract Value: £235,000
Contract Period: 16 weeks
- Construction of Lift Shaft through the former Caretakers residence.
- Installation of Platform Lift.
- Improvement of toilet facilities.
- Improvements to access road.
- Construction of new accessible car parking bays.
- Suitable risk assessments and method statements were put in place to ensure timely project delivery.
- Works causing greater disturbance were carried out outside of the Gallery opening hours.
- Client requested the works be programmed to enabling the facility to remain functional throughout the project.
- Zoning of security alarm systems ensured the gallery remained secure during works.
- 200 mm thick concrete slab moved to lower ground floor for lift installation.
- Warm roof construction was built including sun pipe to provide natural light.
- The facility remained open during the improvement works with minimal impact upon Service Users.
- The building is compliant with the Equality Act 2010.
- Ability to utilise in-house workforce enabled the works to be completed on programme, within budget and to client satisfaction.