Social work services for children and families are delivered on a borough wide basis, with the teams having responsibility for all statutory social work functions in each of the five neighbourhood areas. The structure includes:
- A single Referral and Assessment Team, which provides a single point of access and ensure consistency in response and thresholds.
- Two Safeguarding and Care Planning Teams works with children subject to a child protection plan, children in need where there is a significant risk of harm and looked after children prior to permanency or where court proceedings are ongoing. The teams are based in the Civic Centre.
- An Integrated Service for Looked After Children brings together the Leaving Care Team, Therapeutic Services and part of the Children in Need team and will be co-located with the LAC Health team.
- The Safeguarding Children Unit, based at the Felling Office will continue to support the work of the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB).
- A Children with Disabilities Team - management arrangements for the Emergency Duty Team are aligned with the Children with Disabilities Team, continuing to provide a generic service across the borough.
- Family Support Services – There are two family centres with family support co-ordinators responsible for managing the service.
- Youth Offending Team – YOT prevention and early intervention have been integrated within the new Area Based Working arrangements. The remaining YOT statutory services are delivered by a single specialist boroughwide team.
- Business Support Service- teams are currently being reconfigured.